8.24.2012

NEW Commissary Rewards Card Available At Some Stores!

The new Commissary Rewards Card is finally showing up in some test stores! I just got mine and although there have been some concerns about what the release of this card will mean to the couponing community, I think it really could be a positive experience. I know it looks and sounds like they are trying to do away with paper coupons, but in the end they will do what will benefit sales. I truely doubt this rewards program will be able to match up with the deals that are provided with the many paper coupon deals we currently find at our commissaries. Not to mention you need an internet connection to take advantage of this program and, I know it's unimagineable, but some people are still without computers and internet! In my opinion, this will be a welcome addition to other savings methods rather than a replacement. I haven't had a chance to use my rewards card yet, but here are the details listed in the pamphlet that is handed out with the card.
 
Rewards Card Registration and Usage Details
 
1.) Get your card in-store.
2.) Visit Commissaries.com to enroll.
3.) Select digital coupons to be loaded to your card.
4.) Scan your card at the register to save on your purchases.
 
The card comes pre-loaded with the following coupons.
Pre-loaded offers require a $25 minimum purchase.
 
Axe item .75/1
Clear item (excludes trial size) $1/1
Dove item (excludes trial size) .50/1
Dr. Pepper 12pks $1/2
Magnum Ice Cream Multipack .50/1
Maxwell House or Yuban item 28oz + .75/1
Mott's 64 oz items $1/2
Popsicle Multipack .30/1
Suave items (excludes trial size) .25/1
Special K items $1/2
 
I've tried to register my card, but as with many new promotions, there was an error.
Once the kinks are worked out and I am able to log in, I will post what I find.
 
If you are wondering when the card will be available in your area, here is a statement addressing that question on Commissaries.com.
 
"If all goes well at Fort Lee, additional stores will initiate testing in the weeks that follow. Customers participating in the tests can only use their cards at these locations until the card is released for worldwide use, which is currently scheduled for the fall time frame."
 
You can read the details of this promotion HERE.
 
 
 
 

No comments: